Agnostic.com

1 3

I have struggled with depression and anxiety through most of my life and I place much of the blame on the fundamentalist authoritarian Pentecostal environment that I was raised in. Over this past year I have discovered a love I have for reading and learning and I have found great solutions for overcoming D&A and I am doing much better... Does anyone relate?

Lucas20520 6 Oct 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Totally- it has a lot to do w/my upbringing too. I also read a lot, and try to get in a consistent habit of working out to get that nice adrenaline rush, and then the endorphins kick in, so it calms me as well. I try to create short term and long term goals, and follow though on a least a few of them. It's always a game you play w/yourself, but if you're like me, when you're on a roll, life feels wonderful. I look at my life as a series of ruts and rolls, and I accept that for various reasons, I'll always have feeling of anxiety and depression. A shrink may also work for some people, and if things get really crappy, there's always xanax which is calming w/little addictive quality.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1094
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.