Agnostic.com

1 1

Suggested threads

H @Admin.

It's me again; your favourite Aussie living in New Zealand. 😀

I'm just writing to ask about the suggested posts list that appears on the right of the page.

These very rarely change.

How are they determined? Is there a way to make this a list of new threads, or hot new threads?

As it stands, I don't feel they add any value to the site or user experience.

Now, let me be clear; I know four-fifths of fuck-all about coding, and therefore am absolutely amazed by the site you've built!

Just passing on feedback and suggestions. 🙂

Kreig 7 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hi Kreig... spend a few hours trying to update the sort of similar questions. A few days ago I had to simplify the algorithm as the computer couldn't handle it. The underlying issue is that it's hard to balance "similarness" and "newness"... I totally hacked it now to merge both... so they now show sorta newish similarish questions... that you haven't commented on... and it shows which you viewed. Creepy huh?

Admin Level 9 Dec 28, 2017
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11024
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.