Agnostic.com

9 3

Does poverty interfere with the relationship between two?

• 28 votes
  • 2 votes
Abdoun 3 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It can if the two allow it to.

I do not mind being poor, by which I mean that I have no idea what a savings account is. But I hate being broke. There have been times in my 67 years where I had to live on fifteen dollars a week. No other help. Being broke, no money in your pocket, sucks. Cash flow has always been a problem but I have always been able to keep up with the bill's. Seems like I have the state of mind which allows us to get by. Perhaps this is not really true. We do own a home. We rent out over 50% of it so the house payment is made. Thanks to President Obama we have medical insurance as Kate's medical costs are over 18,000. A day for 4 days every 28. We have a 2012 car, making payments. I went to the store and bought 3 1/2 gals of ice cream. Tillamook chocolate is the best, a local brand made about 60 miles south. Still do not have a savings account though, oh we have 5 cats, we are down from 10. They get old and pass, really ducks when this happens.

Based on my experience with it, poverty interferes with everything.

Financial insecurity adds another level of stress. It’s never just one thing, but when is tight other problems get worse.

Interested to hear your stories...especially when it involves a woman as the one with the money...will he come to resent it?

IWhen Kate and I started dating we had known each other for about two years. She made more money than I. Basically I could not run two Nicklas together. Something changed though and my business really set off. She always had more income, but it worked itself out. For the last fifteen years the role has reversed, and for the last five she has not been able to work at all. She is now a cat ranger. Situations change, so do people.

@dalefvictor Thank you for sharing your story...you must have a lot of self-esteem to not let it affect you...but in a dating situation, did it bother you that your Kate paid for things and such? What if I know things will not change for sure (he can never make more than I do...)? I don't know how to without worrying about feelings.

Disparate spending habits and income disparity usually mess up relationships, doesn't have to but usually they're problems.

Unless someone is so wealthy they won't notice sharing their current lifestyle with someone else and maybe even that person's children, personal spending will decrease when they date someone with less income.

Statistically finances are one of the highest causes of relationship failures.

As a musician l can honestly say not necessarily. ?

The maine reason for break-ups is money. The one thing my parents fought over was money. We are so glad this was before Credit Cards. I and my brothers learned a valuable lession and have partners who contribute financially.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:110571
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.