Agnostic.com

13 1

Have you ever encountered a ghost or an alien, or seen anything you couldn't explain?

Redcupcoffee 7 Dec 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sorry about the lag on this comment. I was going to do a post on this topic but I found this post on a tag search. No Aliens but my brother and I saw what we both agree was an apparition. I'm pretty sure some version of multiverse theory will logically explain this one day.

I had a Bigfoot encounter.

Would You Believe It?: Mysterious Tales From People You'd Least Expect
by Karen Stollznow

Every time I get caught red handed.

Oooh, good question. Yes, twice. And it makes me feel a bit hypocritical because I equate the believe in 'ghosts' to the believe in god. But there is more we need to learn about energy, which of course, is all that we are -- just a bundle of electrons running loos (and often unchecked). So I don't rule out ghosts, or some form of energy existence. How about you?

Gary Level 4 Jan 4, 2018

I can not say I have seen any ghosts or aliens. I did have several profound experiences of Déjà vu in adolescence. Though interesting and difficult to explain I have never been able classify them as genuine perceptions or as some quirk of experience that made them seem to be something that they were not.

Something I could not explain, yes.

Here's how it went.

I work on what used to be a Christmas tree farm, part-time for extra money, and I continue to do so because it is 180 degrees different than what I normally do and it gets me outside. I love that!

One late night walking between their barn and the house, maybe 500 feet, along a curved driveway I just looked up at the night sky and stopped right in my tracks because there were three lights that were not stars, or planets, or airplanes, or flares, and they were not moving or making a discernible sound. They were truly "unidentified" to me or at least unidentifiable.

I stood looking at them for maybe 60 seconds before one by one they disappeared by slowly flickering out. Again, they never seemed to move from their position or make any sound. I felt the hair on the back of my neck rise as I started walking to my truck to retrieve my shotgun. If I had had the shotgun with me I would have not hesitated to fire a shot up at the formation. It may have been 100 feet above the ground but it didn't seem like anywhere near 500 or 1000ft, and I have seen a cropduster and small aircraft doing flight training over this area for years, albeit in the daytime.

I still have no explanation for what I witnessed.

Question, during your sighting, could you hear night sounds, like crickets?

When I was 8, I lived in north SLC next to a house that had grave stones, markers, on the side of tre house dating back to trees 1840’s when the city was settled by the Mormon nations. I remember looking in the basement window of that house and seeing a sign rat if white amorphous figure walking about, but I was 8. I’ve never seen anything less Kevin hat since.

actually yes. I used to have a ghost cat in my house. You, well, at least I, could be bed and feel the cat jump onto the bed walk across it and curl up at my feet. Look and nothing was there. Occasionally would see him out of the corner of my eye moving through the room. And no matter what anyone says, no matter what anyone thinks about me. One very foggy morning on my way to school when I was in high school I saw a unicorn.

My first son was stillborn. Destroyed my life as I knew it. He passed before he was born, but at 33 weeks he was nearly full term. In the hospital, I spent hours holding him and loving him. But in the evening, I literally felt him leave. His spirit? His soul? I don't know.... But he wasnt there anymore, and I knew it was time to go. A little more than a year later, I gave birth to my second son. Watching him growing up, I have seen things.... I don't believe in angels or ghosts, but I swear somehow somewhere, my boys are connected. I have video of S walking. There is a flash of light that moves across the screen - not dust, not a bug or something, no other light or source in the room. I have videos of S looking at, talking to, interacting with a painting in the living room. Its just a large painting of boats. But S is clearly seeing someone more than whats there, and I feel like its baby C. I can't explain it or even understand it, its never happened with any other person in my life, and Ive been an atheist since I was like 5. But witnessing these events, these moments, there is just an innate knowledge.... (My grandma tells me this is evidence of god. She believes. She talks to my grandpa, passed away for 7 years, and he talks back. She's not sick, or crazy. She even says that my grandpa saw god when he died on the operating table, told her about it when doctors brought him back, and wasnt afraid to die. I don't believe it, but I believe that she does. But it doesnt change my views. I don't know what happens, and won't know until I die. But no pearly gates or sitting on god's lap!)

I couldn't hit the like button but I love the honesty!

There’s lots of things I cannot explain, like why anyone would vote for Trump. But when it comes to the paranormal, I follow the late great Carl Sagan’s dictum, “extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.”

I'll let Mark Blyth explain why people voted for Trump. Don't believe the hype that's people voted against their own interests.

Only my x-wife

@Redcupcoffee I still haven't figured that out

No

Nothing that could be verified, but sometimes ya gotta wonder ?
How about you ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11140
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.