Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Woman kills parents, takes her own life over eczema torment - CNN

"People with eczema giving birth to kids are worse than poor people giving birth to kids," the post reads. "If you're poor, you can rely on your own hard work. With eczema, sorry, you have to suffer (your whole life) with no change."

I would agree that it is immoral and unethical for people with hereditary issues to have children who are forced into a life of suffering. To do so is incredibly selfish and inhumane.

SkotlandSkye 8 June 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My kneejerk reaction to YOUR comment added after the quote is that I would agree with the statement.

With today's science, If I had a debilitating hereditary medical condition, the only way I'd choose to have children is to have genetic testing to find out if I would pass it to the child. If I would, I would not get pregnant.

The thing about this idea is that it is laudable and reasonable for an individual to make that decision FOR THEMSELVES. Requiring others to comply or arguing that they are bad people for not making that decision is tantamount to forcing a woman to have an abortion because others think she would make a bad mother. This is not the kind of decision that should be made by public consensus.

@Blindbird I think some people would think forced sterilization is acceptable as well.

@JimG I am aware. My mother had forced sterilization suggested by her doctors as a child because of her disabilities. Not because pregnancy would threaten her health but because her offspring were judged likely to be "defective". My grandmother was a very devout christian and refused on religious grounds.

@Blindbird I'm glad your grandmother stepped up. We don't have enough people like you as is.

@JimG well Thank you.

I don't think that's a reasonable justification for butchering people.

JimG Level 8 June 20, 2018

Yaaah. Killing your parents is not a reasonable response. Wtf? This is some horrific eugenics supporting BS.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:111425
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.