Agnostic.com

9 1

What would you call something you know exist and yet you cannot see?

SonnyMlaPH 7 Oct 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"My keys" usually.

The wonderful thing about rational, scientific human beings is that we recognise our limitations by our scope of senses. So we set out and build instruments that enhance our perceptions visually , acoustically and mathmatically etc to detect and prove information about our universe.

Atoms, air, magnetism, black holes, energy waves, thoughts, emotions, gravity, empty space, the past, the future, the earth mantle, infinity, dark matter, speed of light, nonexistence, time, antimatter, quantum particles, the entirety of the universe about a billion other things.

. . . but I think atoms can be seen (I wonder how they knew were three "things" in there). And so is the earths mantle - lava being part of it. Dark matter and black holes have been detected and it won't be long before they can be seen. If you "look" at a clock digital or analog you will "see" time ticking away

Ok, so when I said see I meant with our eyes. However, I can still keep my list if I alter one line. Instead of atoms, I can substitute electrons. Blackholes don't allow light to leave them so they will always be invisible to us. The lava isn't coming from the mantel. The crust, mantle and inner core of the earth are all solid rock (or iron in the case of the core). The only significant portion of the earth's interior that is liquid is the outer core, and lava does not come from there (again, if it did, it would be molten iron) magma comes from an area just above the mantle called the upper mantle. There is far more to this than can be explained here. If you're interested I'll send you an email.
Time isn't a clock a clock is a measurement used to track time.

Yes yes yoh ! ! ! I mean I got a lot of enlightenment right there. Gonna have to move on from my elementary science books. It's alright, bro, don't bother sending me the email, too much effort for nothing - it's gonna end up in one my files I never found the time to go back to. Thanks man

Dark matter

Could be invisible to the naked eye but won't be for long

Invisible.

Pardon, but invisible what? I cannot see your answer.

I watched the black and white tv series "Invisible Man" and spin-offs like Hollow Man and Memoirs of An Invisible Man and I saw that they cannot be seen by the naked eye. I'm trying to see if I can give some time to watch Abbot & Costelo Meets The Invisible Man and The Invisible Woman (just wanted to see if she's watching while the handsome John Barrymore takes a shower) Let's see.

I also hope the next remake of the Three Stooges will also be about the Invisible Man.

light

hey dude, are you directing your answer to the religious?

Gravity

SamL Level 7 Oct 9, 2017

Nadia Comaneci seem to defy gravity dancing in the air in all her glittery splendor in Montreal that TIME might literally mean what they printed in their magazine cover : "A star is born"

Radio Waves, Gravity, Air & (I don't doubt we could be Souls also? I am not in total doubt about it). I just do not agree with Religions.

David Benoit has a song title "I Feel Your Soul"

Pretty much everything in this universe...

You mean LOVE? that for me is everything in this universe

That, too! 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1117
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.