Agnostic.com

6 1

The meaning of life

So. Does anyone know where the whole "The meaning of life is 42" thing came from? Cause i don't get it...was it from a movie? Or did someone just randomly say it and it stuck?

KatrinaC13 4 Dec 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It was from “The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy”

What everyone else said. Although I will confess that I firmly believe the answer is in fact 42 and you can't convince me otherwise...

The original series was originally broadcast on BBC Radio in 1978 as a weekly half hour show and was later adapted for television. There were also 6 books - Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy, Restaurant at the End of the Universe, Life the Universe and Everything, So Long and Thanks for all the Fish, Mostly Harmless... and And Another Thing...

The author. Douglas Adams was also an atheist.

Not sure if this will work over the pond...

Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. It was written as a joke, its just a random number he thought of.

Sacha Level 7 Dec 28, 2017

It's from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Deep Thought the computer came up with it when asked, "what is the meaning of life, the universe and everything." the program took 7 million years to come up with the answer 42. My ex was nuts about these books by Douglas Adams. I read the first one and saw the movie, which is worth seeing. I must admit they were a pretty interesting read.

Lol it's from Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy, a film made after an original series in England.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11180
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.