Agnostic.com

9 12

LINK CCO_Seeker_Wordmark_White_V1.0

I had my first therapy session yesterday. I had to lay out everything that's been happening in a coherent, concise way and it brought things into focus that I had missed because I've been distracted with day to day concerns. On my way home I was reading some practical stuff in preparation for some plans I have down the road. I came across this bit about signs if psychological distress.
Putting the two together, I realised the behaviours I've been beating myself up for are common responses to prolonged stress.
Be kind to yourselves and realise that you are only human with human responses. Dont forget to breathe and drink plenty of fluids ?.

OpposingOpposum 9 June 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

you got this now!

Lukian Level 8 June 23, 2018

I recommend laughter. For theraputic relief, hang out with someone who always makes you laugh.

For a good laugh, watch "mock the Week" and "Who's line is is" on Youtube.

I don't know if one single event has stressed you out or ....If like me, it's the one day at a time daily grind of work and survival stress that sort of builds up to a crescendo of anxiety ...either way I hope you are able to control the monster..before the monster takes control of you... I wish you the best anyway..this too will pass.

For what it's worth, I think you're a good human, even maybe just a little bit better than good. take care BB. ?

TY ? right back atcha @Hankster &@germangirl90439

Sometimes life is hard, but then something happens that makes everything ok. It is the little things.

Sometimes life is hard, but then something happens that makes everything ok. It is the little things.

It's super important to continue breathing.

Hermit Level 7 June 22, 2018

lol

Dont forget the fluids

Dont forget the fluids

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:113025
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.