Agnostic.com

10 1

HBO's The Wire

I'm from Baltimore and The Wire is my favorite show ever. Its mostly a documentary of my home. My #1. I'm currently rewatching the seasons for probably my 6th or 7th time. Lol. I know, I have a problem. My question is, have you seen it and how would you rate it out of 5 and why?

• 12 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 2 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 5 votes
TomC1985 5 June 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It was a good show. I liked it. Now it's "Power" and laughing at Tommy.

Absolutely one of the all time best series.

Agreed!!!! 🙂

I've never seen any episodes but I'm aware of the show's existence. And after reading this thread, I'm definitely going to watch it.

Great choice!

My favorite show ever made. Loved it beyond measure.

Me too!!!

Probably my first binge-watch.
I wouldn't have called it a documentary though. Not saying it isn't. I just took it as dramatic fiction.

The show waz very in line with things going on in Baltimore at that time. Previous Commissioner Ed Norris was involved with alot of the show. The politics, police and crime structures were almost identical.

Anything with Idris Elba is worth watching. ?

Stringer Bell is an excellent character!

No vote, used to hang out in Baltimore a lot early on this century. Fells Point, going to Latin Palace ran into filming of the show in the stripjoint accross the street corner. Also ran into some of the actors in another club... I was... damn man I thought you were taller! Heard the show was pretty good. You watching Home so nothing wrong with that. Where ever they played Salsa in B'more I had been there any night of the week.

Check out the show. I believe it'll be worthwhile.

@TomC1985 I will. Thank You.

Just a great show, they developed all the characters and a true test of the show was how many of the actors went on to do other things

lerlo Level 8 June 24, 2018

My favorite character is Bubbles

@TomC1985 Clarke Peters--Det. Lester Freamon for me

Great show. It captures the reality of living, working and growing up in the hood, from different perspectives without the "romance" and embellishment like other shows.

Ed212 Level 4 June 24, 2018

It's definitely alot of harsh truths through every season.

I can't get enough.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:114658
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.