Agnostic.com

5 3

Do you ever feel that you are in a star trek episode when talking to bible thumpers. I start looking for spock or data to make sense of their nonsense! Beam me up scotty!!

BradleyOgle 6 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Do you find resistance futile πŸ˜‰

Varn Level 8 Dec 31, 2017

β€œOur gods are dead. Ancient Klingon warriors slew them a [millennium] ago. They were more trouble than they were worth.”
β€”Worf

In some of those instances I will find myself sounding like Spock or Data as I'm frequently compelled to keep saying, "But that's not logical." As long as they're making an effort to discuss it, I'll make the effort to talk to them.

Moving on to another fandom, the High Sparrow arc on Game of Thrones made me a bit queasy for a while.

I'd like to "Q" them, actually, into another reality where only believers are and away from here.

No I don't, I can understand the workings of a deluded mind I often suggest that they may need medication.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11638
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.