Agnostic.com

5 2

I'm a bit of an asshole when it comes to religious people giving me the whole "god and jesus" can save my life bit, but my favorite group of them all is the Jehovah's witnesses. I mean door to door selling of religion? How hard up are you for members.

My father and I use to love screwing around with them. When they would come to the door, my dad use to run and get me where ever I was at the time and let me know it was go time. I would answer the door and about 30 seconds into their scripted mumbo jumbo, He would start screaming at the top of his longs "Who the fucks at the door!?" I would respond just some nice people telling me about how they can change my life... And my favorite part of it all "If you don't get away from that door, I'm going to give you a reason to have your life changed." I would start a fake sob and say I needed to go before my father losses his temper, by that time they always had this crazy look on their faces and always apologized to me. After 3 random visits we never saw them again. They made sure to skip our house!

Anyone else have any great stories about encounters with the overly religious kind? Please share 🙂

IanRodger 3 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

An former housemate of mine, knowing that JWs were coming, stripped to his y-fronts, covered himself with tomato ketchup and answered the door to them while yelling over his shoulder "keep the goat still, I'll be back in a minute"

I absolutely hate the hard-sell of religions but I'm not rude to them. Last JW that came to my door stood and chatted to me for over an hour - it was very pleasant. I admitted up-front that I am a scientist working at a national natural history museum and a lifelong supporter of peer-reviewed science, such as Darwinian Evolution theory so her chances of converting me were minimal in the extreme ... but she was game and gave it a good try 😀

I dealt with all of her arguments with logic and reason, which she couldn't really argue with and her leaflet "explaining" creationism went straight in the recycling bin. She did ask me whether I'd like to book a future meeting for when she was in the area next but I told her that, as we were both busy people and neither of us had shifted their position then that would probably be a waste of both our time ... so we shook hands, thanked each other for an interesting chat and she left. 🙂

I always ask this:

Adam and Eve had 2 sons, Kane and Able, Kane killed Able and was banished from the Garden of Eden and sent into the desert where he then found other people.... Where did they come from?

Ac08 Level 4 Jan 23, 2018

Haha, yeah, I had just started helping my friend wallpaper her enormous living room, when knock knock, the Jehovah's witnesses were at the door, a sweet lady called Mary started giving us her sales pitch. I said I was open minded so why not come in and tell us more. In no time at all we had her pasting paper and doing the decorating, all we had to do was make tea and sit and listen to the spill. Once she had done the largest wall and cut the rest we needed we just shook her hand, thanked her but said we felt it probably wasn't for us. She left some literature and went on her way. All in all, not a bad days work!

Nice work - I love that 😀

My favourite way to deal with them is to let them in then block the door and reeducate them sometimes for hours never letting them leave or use my bathroom, so fun to watch them squirm. Sometimes I would offer them something to drink.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11650
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.