Agnostic.com

5 6

LINK Am I invisible? One mom's pain-relieving response to being excluded

"Remember the deepest desire of the human heart is to belong … to be welcomed … to know you are seen and worthy of kindness."

bleurowz 8 June 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This makes me think about Capitalism and how it deliberately cultivates unemployment (the Reserve Army Of Labour).

I have a few friends who are unemployed. They tell me they feel like social pariahs sometimes and invisible. Outside of life. It makes me sad.

The need to be accepted is very strong.

I may not be a mother but I live this far too often.

It's difficult, when entering a room full of people as a 'newbie', to approach somebody and start up a conversation, especially if it seems they are not new like you are; sometimes established 'friends' or those with existing relationships can seem to exclude you even if they don't realize that's what they are doing. It still hurts. It can still be a learning experience - like the things our parents did that we knew we didn't want to do when we became parents. We can become aware of making sure to reach out to the new members, the newcomers, the youngsters... how about it guys? Probably you already do this, but if not, food for thought?

I'm wondering , while it might be unintentional on her part , if the ,"new women ," interrupted a serious personal conversation , at the wrong time . Yes she is trying to be friendly , but let's say , for instance the women she approached , were discussing an eminent divorce , or a serious discussion about a major health issue of a very close relative in the hospital . While no one wants to be left out , the situation isn't always about you . You aren't the center of the universe .

I do not follow links, however I agree with the deepest desire to belong

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:116672
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.