Agnostic.com

6 1

A good vegan meal is hard to find

I'm moving to Pottsville PA in a week and realizing my options for vegan food (restaurants/groceries) might be more limited then my current upstate NY home. Is finding a vegan meal harder than finding a fellow skeptic?

Any recommendations by friendly locals, appreciated.

good_dog 2 June 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hopefully that will change in the future.

Yes, there is always hope. 🙂

I live in a Chicago collar community and there's slim pickins out here but in the city itself there are vegan restaurants everywhere and they're fabulous.

I know. I used to live in NYC and it was so easy to find vegetarian food everywhere and anywhere.

Amish farmers will provide good fresh vegetables , so you can make your own . There's a good chance your NY stores were supplied by Amish farms in Pa.

That's why I mostly do my own cooking and meal prep. Easier, cheaper, and I know what's in it !

Yeah, it's not just about eating out, I hope I can find a good source for vegan ingredients. i.e. plant-based creamer for my coffee, tofu, etc.

@good_dog in these days of internet, you'll likely find more information than you know what to do with !

Are there Chinese or Indian restaurants/markets? Those are usually good sources. GOOD LUCK...vegan diets are very difficult.

I have a Ruby Tuesday restaurant near me. I often fill up at their salad bar.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:117011
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.