Agnostic.com

7 13

Okay, so Justice Anthony Kennedy is retiring from the SCOTUS. 45 is goung to try to ram someone through before the midterms.
We ALL need to be calling our elected reps and tell them we are NOT supporting another nominee, and don't want them voting on anyone 45 puts up for the job. Make him wait until after the midterms. Start calling NOW and don't let up.

KKGator 9 June 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We have two republican senators .. no dice they don't gaf

Here, too. That doesn't mean I don't keep contacting them.
I'm not giving up just because it looks like it's a lost cause.

Call your Senators!! NO vote til after the mid terms. We must keep fighting, even feeling as sad as I am right now I know we must keep fighting.

I've got a fairly high level of despair about stopping this nomination, as I wrote elsewhere in this thread. But one thing that you #resisters may want to do is focus your effort on your Senators. The House of Representatives is not involved in the confirmation process at all.

I always go to my Senators.
The House members are essentially useless.

Especially the Republicans.

Already started the email. Frederica S Wilson. 24th Florida congressional district.

All they need is 50 votes plus the VP. Even if McCain is out sick, they'll rubber stamp almost anyone he nominates. We're doomed.

Call your representatives, ESPECIALLY the republicans.
Let them know that you WILL be supporting their opponents if
they don't start representing ALL the people they work for.
Use the word "hypocrite" A LOT.
Make a nuisance of yourself. Seriously.
NOW is the time to start taking action and make sure you are heard.
Don't roll over for this.

I am quite afraid that this is right. Republicans control the White House and the Senate and Mitch McConnell has a tight grip on his caucus, ESPECIALLY on matters like this.

There are a good many Republicans who aren't big fans of Trump, but held their noses and voted for him and continue to hold their noses and put up with him, precisely for THIS moment.

In fact, prepare yourself for a handful of Democrats from purple-to-red states to support the nominee also.

ResistBot is a good way to reach your elected representative also

GwenC Level 7 June 27, 2018

I call mine so often, several of their staffers know me by name.

This is a nightmare.
Add to this Ginsberg is 85, if she were to die it would be really bad for a really long time.

I feel like I should be preparing myself for my future role as a Martha or a Jezebel.

Ginsberg is a health freak, she'll outlive Thomas and Roberts

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:117137
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.