Agnostic.com

4 1

Do you have an inferiority complex?

I know I do. I have now started to call myself beautiful, instead of ugly. I used to think most of my life that I was ugly and no one wanted me. Now I decided to change that for the new year. I have a low self-esteem in general. People tell me I'm nice and caring, I am. Some days I feel really bad about myself. Do you have a low self-esteem and an inferiority complex?

Sarahroo29 8 Dec 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes ma'am.

Yes. For sure. I've dealt with it in many ways and still have yet to really feel comfortable in my own skin. I try to put on a good front but that's all it is. As a musician,when I'm onstage I am fully in charge but offstage it's a different story. growing up I was told I was ugly by my peers and the opposite sex although I did have some luck from time to time. I have had relationships with some great ladies and felt pretty good about it but in the end it's hard to live down the past. Nowadays I tend to move between being very confident or not. A bit of a dichotomy but such is life. Thanks for the topic. Good one. You're beautiful and never believe anything less.

Thanks.

I tell people I have a superiority complex. This is half-joking and half-serious. The serious part is to make myself feel positive and good about myself. As a result I can (hopefully) deal with life's little difficulties more easily. The joking part is demonstrated whenever I see someone famous, usually on television, I often say something like, 'They are no better a human being than you or me.' I don't think anyone, including myself, really thinks I am in any way superior.

Yes I do.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11765
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.