Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK Biodiversity and the Paris agreement

I've been thinking a lot about man's place in the natural world lately, and things like international agreements on biodiversity are an important part of that. So I thought it was encouraging there's at least a mention of it. Now that man has the ability to reshape the planet, we also have the responsibility to care for its other inhabitants.

Denker 7 June 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've not bought French wine since their nuclear tests in the Pacific in the 90s. Their 'Paris Agreement' won't change anything.

There are people who are willing to work together on the future of wildlife on this planet, though woefully underfunded. It’s not all doom and gloom

@Denker

Except the toxic effects from the French nuclear tests will last for hundreds of thousands of years.

@Ellatynemouth that is likely true, but background radioactivity is just going to lead to slightly higher mutation rates, it’s not the end of the world. The human-driven extinction event going on in the world is a disaster, when our children’s children’s children have mastered the economic and social sciences and get around to creating a garden world, they won’t be able to recreate the tiger in its natural habitat. Parts of our planet’s heritage will be irredeemably lost.

@Denker

It was needless and causes harm to the people who live there. So I shall never buy French wine again.

@Ellatynemouth that is of course your right, there are plenty of other decent wines from across the world to choose from too

Lots of luck with that!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:118337
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.