Agnostic.com

6 4

Hello! I'm a closeted agnostic due to not wanting to break my family's heart and am looking for a place to just be me. I'm not looking to bash people with religious views, just to be able to express my own freely and have intelligent conversation.

MindfulSoul 5 Dec 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

hhmm, i have to ponder your last response. not sure yet but think i might have to "pick" a little. not harmfully, just friendly disection "if you will". if you would rather i didn't ask, just tell me so. if you are open, you can say that also. i just don't want to offend anyone!

tiom Level 2 Jan 3, 2018

I've been an atheist for several years, but only a couple of people close to me know it. I've been to atheist meet ups locally, but I haven't told my family, because I know how they view atheists. It's frustrating to me, but I do what I have to do.

wow! you are already level 2, not sure what the levels are about, but congrats. anyway, being in the closet, are you nervous about bringing up belief or non belief thoughts to close people? i ask because i am. the term agnostic might as well be atheist to the people i'm around most and they are very set in their beliefs. i worked with a jehovas witness for very close to 8 years. everybody should experience that and that's not meant badly, it made me dig for info.i'm brand new to a site like this, so you are my first encounter. if i get too nosy, i don't mean to, just curious.i'm not too good at navigating either, that's why i saw that you just joined, like me, and the level.

tiom Level 2 Jan 1, 2018

I have avoided expressing my atheism to certain family members for the same reason. I allowed my mother to think I was still Christian to her dying day. No need to stress family unnecessarily.

hi, you sound like a "mirror" of myself. i have nobody to converse with about beliefs or thoughts and i really wrestle in talking to myself. i could probably say a lot more but for fear of boring you, i'll stop here for now.

tiom Level 2 Dec 31, 2017

Hey! Welcome! I am quite agnostic myself. I, too, am not looking to bash people of faith. I would rather just have discussions here with people. I am not looking to fight or argue. I can start a blog for that!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11862
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.