Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Medical board puts infamous doc on probation for toddler vaccine exemption | Ars Technica

Thank goodness this doctor won't be practicing for a while.

Alimacbean 7 June 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There's a special place in hell for anti-vaxxers.

According to the article you posted Dr Sears will continue practicing on supervised probation, which I think is appropriate.

I have mixed feelings about this story. On the one hand I think that the state has a legitimate public health interest in requiring vaccination. But on the other hand I think that medical licensing is sometimes used as a sword to prevent doctors from using anything but approved pharmaceutical treatments; it stifles innovation in medicine that doesn't originate from drug companies. So while I have no problem with fining physicians or even putting them in jail, I am in general opposed to medical licensing. I think that puts me in a small minority.

Almost thirty years ago my daughter had a fever reaction to her first DPT shot, and her pediatrician agreed to not give her any more pertussis vaccine; she completed the inoculation schedule with only the DT vaccine. Today my daughter is a pediatrician herself and she feels very strongly about the need for vaccinations. Sometime I need to remind her that she herself is missing two pertussis inoculations. The practice of medicine will always require good judgment, and not just rules.

Yeah, he should not be making medical decisions by himself. Screw it, he should lose his license to practice medicine.

Also any pharmacist who refuses to deliver medicine a doctor prescribed should also lose their license.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:119082
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.