Agnostic.com

4 2

A math geeks distance from jesus. How far have we come in 2018 years.

Taking 30km/second, our speed around the sun and 2018 revolutions of the sun we can calculate how far we've come since Jesus. There are 31,556,926 seconds in a year multiplied by years 2018 = 63,681,876,668 seconds since Jesus
Multiply that by 30km = 1,910,456,300,040 km from jesus in the year 2018
That's 1,187,102,508,873.181 miles.
These figures are based on averages so are only estimates, and I'm only taking into consideration distance around the sun.
Do you feel we've come that far?

Dav87 6 Jan 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't what that number is, but it is super massive. I can not remember much math, isn't there a way to make it to the power of?

Yes, but Jesus, if he existed at all, was not born in the year 0.

Oh, but we've gone much further!

If we ignore fluctuations in our speed from going around the sun (as you investigate above, but is cyclic, so we keep coming back to the same place in that reference frame) and instead consider our trajectory around the GALAXY, then we're traveling 230 km/s. And using your numbers for the time, we've gone 14,646,831,633,640 km or 9,101,119,234,694.385 miles!

I chose not to go indepth, personally I'd also take into consideration our galaxies velocity through our universe aswell as our earth's rotation to measure the full distance travelled by humans on earth's surface, unfortunately I have food to cook and a house to clean.

I run from math the same way I run from religion, no offense but all the numbers were hard enough, then letters come to party...I gave up on math...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11979
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.