Agnostic.com

1 1

I regularly have conversations with a colleague who is also a pastor. In our most recent sit down he asked me near the end, "What evidence would you need to prove that god exists?", to which I replied, "A book not written by man." And so I meant not inspired or revealed by some god, it certainly stopped his line of questioning immediately because no one has ever brought this to his attention.

Buketoballs43 5 Jan 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yeah, I've given this a fair amount of thought, and never come up with anything really concrete. Almost anything I can come up with has at least two other equally likely possibilities. Hyper advanced aliens messing with us, or we are living inside a simulation. Either is as likely as a god, and from our perspective how could we tell?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12001
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.