Agnostic.com

1 0

Christmas anyone?

I have just joined the site and was curious about your traditions. I am in no way a believer but was raised one living in the "Great Bible Belt". My parents were not hardcore believers but we still celebrated Christian holidays. Part of tradition has always been Christmas. I come from a loving, giving family so even after I realized Atheism, I still continued Christmas with family and friends to this day. My extended family got together every Christmas and I still want to carry on that tradition. All of my friends are Christian and I get them all gifts and their children. Not because it's Jesus's birthday (I know that it isn't), but because I enjoy the time of giving and having a tradition to show love and gratitude towards one another. Seeing family and friends, enjoying each other's company, and exchanging gifts. Is Christmas still part of your tradition? Am I going to get my ass handed to me for admitting this? Lol

SouthrnItalian 2 Jan 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I grew up in a fundamentalist Christian family and I always felt like my parents sucked the life out of holidays with all of their religious traditions.

Now I love Christmas. I love setting up decorations, looking at holiday lights, and watching Christmas movies. My kids and I do presents and eat a nice meal, and have a fun family day - entirely devoid of religious themes.

Kythe Level 2 Jan 1, 2018

My parents and family always made it more about us and each other. There were never really any religious tones to our holidays.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12006
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.