Agnostic.com

10 2

Why do we allow criminal gangs to exist in the USA?

#USA
Marine 8 July 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am with you on that question. I have wondered myself.

If you do not like allow what would you use to replace the amount of crime that in going on daily with the knowledge of the police and FBI. White collar crime is estimated to cost the country a trillion dollars a year. The FBI and Treasury agents need to be expanded to address this amount of crime and they are not doing so. The treasury agents were cut to save on budget. The military receives supplies that they do not want because this material comes from a senate seat that needs the job vote. This money could be used to fight crime These gangs WN MS13 and others I assume are not any smarter than the mafia was or is. We cannot allow this crime to continue and destroy our neighborhoods and cities!

I'm not sure "allow" is the best way to describe the status, it's probably better better asking why we've been unable to stop them from existing; I'm sure we'd eradicate them if we had the proper resources dedicated to education, job security, reduction of criminal charges/records/correction time for victimless "crimes", and infrastructure in place for assisting those with mental issues that are often more likely to join gangs if they feel welcomed in THAT environment instead of "mainstream" society.

The more appropriate question to ask would be how exactly do we go about locating and breaking up said gangs?

When they are known by local police and the FBI there isn't any problem identifing them. MS13 is known to exist country wide as are the cartel supporters handling drugs. These gangs are not any different than the mafia gangs that were broken up in the 30's. Why should inner cities have to live with these gangs and be afraid their children will join them?

Who's 'we'?

It's called the government-police-FBI DEA Treasury

They exist worldwide. It's not a matter of sllowing. More a matter of containing them and their activities. You cannot prosecute a group or individual in this country if there is no law being broken that can be witnessed, or documrnted. Otherwise it's just heresay. Unfortunate but true

That is why there were undercover agents that broke up the mafia gangs.

Yeah I'd sort that gang called the police they be killing innocent people all the time bent as a butchers hook then there's the other gang the government's they didn't aswell

There are bad ones and there are those incorrectly trained in a force of about 4,000,000 but I would not want to be without them and have anarchy rule.

Um ... it's (still, so far), a free country, and we cannot mandate human behaviors ?

Yes we can they are called laws and rules.

@Marine yes . and of course EVERYone follows those laws and rules to the letter, eh ?

@evergreen When they are caught not abiding they pay a penality sometimes it is called prison>

@Marine in the ideal world ... in reality, all sorts of behaviors escape detection. But hey - we do the best we can.

What makes you think the gov is not doing anything? I would bet the FBI is working many angles. "The federal government currently does not have any particular laws against gang affiliation. However, it does prosecute known gang members under the Racketeer Influence and Corrupt Organization (RICO) statute. ... Thus, participation in a racketeering crime may also involve issues with gang affiliation or gang membership." from [legalmatch.com]

MS 13 and others have to much free reign

"Allow" what? Innocent y til proven guilty of something, and no group can be prosecuted as such unless in an illegal conspiracy of some kind....you are talking about fascism!

We know that many of these gangs take part in maNY ILLEGAL THINGS as I mentioned. Gangs like Capone and other Mafia gangs were taken down by the FBI but I do not hear of any action like this for these gangs. MS13 is causing trouble in many states but no concerted action is taking place.

@Marine Capone etal were taken down for Tax Evasion as individuals. The Constitution gives us all freedom to meet with whomever we deem meetable, a Very Important right...otherwise, no marches on Washington, for one example!

@AnneWimsey When you own a busiiness and MS13 mcomes to you and states you will pay them a $1000 a week they need to be taken down as a gang or would you rather pay them? This going on along with other rackets by them and many other gangs. These are not up standing citizens they are criminals.

@Marine if this happens to you it is Extortion, a
recognized crime (felony) and you can go to the FIB, who, after a couple of years of using you, will put you in the Witness Protection Plan.
Still requires someone to be an upstanding citizen (you!) And will not bring d own all of the gang, only the ones actually filmed/taped by you as you interact with them. Then they Can follow the money & drag in other gang members under collusion/conspiracy cgarges.

@AnneWimsey When they broke up the mafia families it shows that they are capable of doing the same to these gangs. You can go to a part of my city and purchase a gun out of a trunk of a car . The police know this and these gangs are still doing it.

When we are able to identify gangs on a national basis as criminal why aren't these gangs broken up and it's members imprisoned. They know they deal in drugs,theft,murder,loan sharking,prostitution and still they form National memberships.Why?Should there be FBI task forces aimed at eliminating these gangs? I would think so!!!

being with other people isn't against the law

@LeighShelton and next, Labor Unions criminalized, various ethnic groups, book reading clubs, etc etc etc...yeah, let's round everybody up you, or Sessions, or drumpy doesn't like...oh, wait.....

@AnneWimsey exactly lol

@LeighShelton True but planning to do harm disqualifies a gang and they do harm.

@LeighShelton, @AnneWimsey You know these are not gangs. I am speaking about gangs like MS 13, many of the drug gangs and street gangs tat have been active in many large cities. I am no where close to trumpie and his mob. Another gang that needs to be wiped out.

@LeighShelton Same to you'

@Marine some of them do go to prison but they have to be proven to break the law first. you can't just lock people up who hang about together

@LeighShelton I am a strong supporter of individual rights and I do not agree with the way many blacks and Hispanics are being treated. I am aware of biker social groups and have nothing against them. We have WN a nazi group that has been known to commit a series of crimes against Jews, blacks,Hispanics and white people who have defended these people. They are open about their motives to make the USA a white nation. Does this sound familiar. We also have MS13 a very well known drug operation from Mexico operating here. These are not just people hanging together they are criminal operations like the mafia was and should be taken down like the mafia was. This requires international co-operation which our great leader has destroyed. There is to much crime among the wealthy and corporations and these also need to be addressed as they amount to better than a trillion yes trillion dollars a year.The FBI needs to also double in size to address these because they need white collar division and gang division plus the normal spy unit. Treasury agents were cut rather than expanded to cut budget. The military is still getting supplies they do not want and the money could be used in the latter areas. I am not opposed to social groups only those who are KNOWN to be conducting criminal activities.

@Marine I see your point mate but tell me the difference between a crowd and a gang if they're not breaking the law in front of anyone who will do anything???????? the government is the biggest gang and the salvation army is another big one.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:120805
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.