Agnostic.com

1 1

what do you guys think of laveyan satanism

Believe It or Not satanists don't believe in God or the devil Angels or demons or an afterlife modern-day. Satanism was created by the philosopher Anton LaVey you may wonder why do they call it Satanism if they don't believe in Satan. well according to Christian mythology Satan was the free thinker Satan was the one who didn't follow God Satan was the one that wanted us to think for ourselves so they just use him as a symbic symbol. they don't actually think he exists it's just a atheistic philosophy if any of you haven't looked into it look into it. I agree with much of satanism but some of it I don't. I just wanted to get atheist opinions on the philosophy which basically Satanism is just a atheistic philosophy anyways what do you guys think of it? ive read the satnic bible and it actually makes a lotta sense.

DavidDeLa89 6 Jan 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Personally, I can't claim to be one of them, but I have read their bible (by Anton LaVey). I read it back in high school when I was a Christian (believe it or not). I was actually very open to what they had to say because it all made sense to me. As I said, I can't claim to be one but I absolutely support most of their teachings. I can't really get into their rituals or anything, but their dedication to humanism and love of your fellow man/woman is something I can absolutely respect and get behind.

I don't have a problem with them at all. As far as I understand it, the only god they believe in is themselves, and to believe in oneself is sometimes the hardest thing to do, especially given the trying times that we're in where most people are still against we Atheists/Agnostics/Satanists/Etc. So they have my support despite the fact that their way of doing things doesn't 100% mesh with mine.

Ya couldnt agree anymore with u ! I like a lot of there philosophy and support them 100 percent but i don't identify myself with them bc as u said there way of goin about with certant things doesnt mesh up with mine either . but i do agree with quite a bit of there philosophy altho not 100 %

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12130
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.