Agnostic.com

4 0

What do you do when you are tired of dating?

Benmonk 6 Jan 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I haven't done it enough lately, to be tired of it .

But if I were to get overwhelmed - I'd take a break !

After my second lousy marriage ended, and I recovered my self-esteem, I joined an age-appropriate singles social club. Which I am now in my 4th term as President of the 100+ member thing, and probably will be until I get senile, and I love it! 80% women who dine, dance, stay active...some are 25 years older than I am! My plan is to be just like them when I grow up. We are old enough to have good manners & keep religion & politics out of the picture...
My point is, I have surrounded myself with friends who both like to do things together, and then go home. Happiest time of my entire life!. If somebody shows up, I am not sure I would want him.

To be honest with you, my friend, I don't know. I haven't dated in over 7 years. Prior to my previous marriage I was in an abusive relationship (where I was the recipient of the abuse) for almost 2 years. So I'm not entirely sure. I know that dating and trying to find someone can be hard. That being said, companionship is a very important human activity, and you shouldn't give up if you're finding that it's just too hard to handle. There will be someone eventually that will mesh with you. You just have to give it time. At some points, it's when we aren't looking that we find the person that we need as our partner and create something out of that.

Stay strong!

@zeliasgrand It's a tough deal, I understand that. I wasn't trying to be rude or insensitive. I merely said that because sometimes people try too hard, which could end up being a detriment to them. That's all.

Anybody who has been single for any amount of time knows the feeling. A string of dates with no one seeming special. You don't want to give up, but it gets to be a real job.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12139
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.