Agnostic.com

11 2

Do you believe in Divination?

Do you believe in Divination?

Divination is the art or practice that seeks to foresee or foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge usually by the interpretation of omens or by the aid of supernatural powers (Merriam Webster dictionary)

Divination is age old and has a long history. My mother used to read tarot cards and for a time I learnt how to do that too. I was young and curious and it was kind of fun doing readings for my friends. Now I do not believe in tarot cards or divination.

My mother also used to read tea leaves, and I went along with it trying to interpret the tea leaf patterns in the cup. You can pretty much make anything happen in a bunch of random tea leaves patterns.

Someone once told me I would be filthy stinking rich, but I am still waiting..she was one of those medium/clairvoyant types who talk to you for half an hour and you pay them some money.

ripcurldane 7 Jan 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I used to water witch and was told by my pastor that I shouldn't. That of course didn't stop me. People kept asking me so I continued to practice. I did W/O exception find in water in shallow depths in areas where the water table was much deeper. I don't know why it worked, but in my experience it did.

No. Even if someone on the site does, they might not say so for fear of ridicule.

Short answer...No. Longer answer, this has been researched & so far, at least, no basis for any form of divination or ESP can be found. I think this is somewhat like the reason religions formed originally, to try to find answers. It helps if the method is reliable, though, & not subject to a lot of "interpretation" & mercenary exploitation.

lol, succinct, I like it 🤐

40 years ago I used to dowse to choose hiking destinations in the SW USA desert. There were lots of buried treasure stories and I figured what the heck, maybe I'd get lucky.

It never worked for me -- I never struck it rich. I guess I didn't believe hard enough. I did get in the good walks I really wanted though. LOL.

No I do not believe in it. Somehow less appealing than believing in gods.

Nah; another category of wishful thinking... akin to thoughts and prayers.

Only with chicken entrails reading. They always indicate the recent presence of an unlucky chicken. 😉

Love it!

I predict, wait... The spirits are talking to me. They say we're going to eat some chicken!!!

Depends on what we mean by future. Einstein hypothesised atoms and their orbits.. Did he see the future or already know that the physics say this is true, Then we get into human thought and predicting future events. I do not believe there is the capacity to alter another's perception of their world. Not at all.

EMC2 Level 8 Jan 2, 2018

No.... do not listen to those psychics....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12197
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.