Agnostic.com

6 11

"Sound of Music" on Pacific Crest Trail, WA, yesterday

Yesterday's hike was like the "Sound of Music." We hiked the Pacific Crest Trail southward from Stevens Pass, WA.

Blue skies. Snow-capped mountains in all directions. High alpine meadows filled with wildflowers. New snow in the mountains.

With four women, I hiked 6.6 miles total with 2,000 feet in elevation gain. Slippery snow on the trail in places.

We met a young woman from Colorado, who thru-hiked the entire Pacific Crest Trail last year. She had returned to backpack for three days.

"Were you cold last night at Lake Mary Jane?" Karen asked. "Yes, I was," she replied, smiling. "It was cold last night in Wenatchee," Karen said.

Rare yellow Spring Beauty flowers covered a hillside. Spring Beauties are normally light pink.

LiterateHiker 9 July 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Stunning views...have fun..and mind your step.

Since my early teens ( and it helped that I was a camp counsellor in Northern Ontario ) I've been a fan of John Denver, and when I see pictures like those it reminds me of the songs he sang. As well I used to live in Alberta for a few years so your pictures specifically remind me of the song "Cold nights in Canada".
Thank you for sharing your pictures!

Pacific Crest Trail is 2,650 miles. In one year? Wow! Photos are breathtaking! Thanks for sharing : )

Thank you, John!

@LiterateHiker My pleasure, Kathleen : )

@dalefvictor

Here are three photos by my hiking partner, Karen, taken from a higher point.

Pacific Crest Trail, southward from Stevens Pass, WA. July 3, 2018.

I'm still glowing from yesterday's hike.

Wow!

Thanks for the pictures. Mountains like those are missed, must be refreshing to be there. Do you have more pictures?

I finally understood the reference to "the sound of music"

Good for you.. beautiful...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:122320
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.