5 2

Fear Or Ignorance

[msn.com]

What do You Think?

• 1 vote
  • 10 votes
twshield 8 July 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Damn.... its just terrible.

My neighborhood is very mixed , I don't have a problem with other races being here . I've recently seen write ups about burglary , though , and what burglars do prior to committing those crimes . I would , be cautious and possibly proactive , if I saw outsiders acting in a suspicious manner . If you've read the article , she saw the politician hanging around the neighborhood and taking notes on her cell phone , after speaking with neighbors . She did not confront the politician . She asked the police to check out this outsider , which they did . This would not have been an issue if the politician wasn't black . Black wasn't the issue to begin with . An outsider hanging around , and taking notes at each house seemed suspicious , and the police checked out the situation and eased the homeowners concern . It wasn't a racist issue until a reporter decided to make it a raciest issue .

@twshield A couple were murdered in the subdivision next to mine , a month or so ago . It is a gated community . A car of several men pulled up to one of the gates , but it was locked so they couldn't drive in . They got out of their car , rolled under the locked gate and broke into a very nice house . The homeowners weren't at home at the time , but when they arrived home , the men tied them up , sitting in chairs , then shot each of them in the head . Because they knew the homeowners were dead , they continued to return to the home over several days , in order to continue to steal things , including money , jewelry , and guns . Because this was big in the news , local reporters , who had spoken with burgarlers in jail , wrote articles about how burgarlers assess homes prior to planning to burglarize them . Casing the joint and writing down information was a common theme . In your opinion , if a homeowner sees behaviour that suggests a crime in the planning stages , should they ignore the actions , because the outsider is well dressed ? Of a different race ? They were pleasant to talk to ? Or do you feel suspicious behavior should be checked out regardless of these conditions ? You may be saving someone's life , and the life you save may be your own .

@twshield It is sad , that we are suspicious and even sadder that we feel we can't do what makes sense , due to the circumstances . There are three African American families living across from my house and I am comfortable with my neighbors . I've even invited you into my home .The three men that broke into the home in the next subdivision , and killed the Asian owners , who owned several sub shops , were African American . That does not condemn all African Americans , but we can not ignore behaviour , just because we are afraid we'll be called racist .

@twshield Not it's not fun , being viewed as potentially being a criminal , when you're not . And Congratulations on your PHD . Shall we celebrate your accomplishment ?

@twshield Absolutely !

sad.

@twshield certainly. the stories they tell us scare and misinform so many.

Both.
Her ignorance makes her afraid.

Ignorance breeds fear. In this case, calling 911 instead of asking the Politician why she was there is a paranoid act. In this case, paranoia may have led to ignorance.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:122512
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.