Agnostic.com

6 1

Why have I been critized for wanting crime stopped?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your methods of stopping crime involve trampling all over civil rights, and no crime is worth losing them?

s are thoseWhat civil rights are those.I did not specify any particular actions like stop and frisk I am just calling on our law enforcement agencies to take a more positive action against known gangs like WN and MS13 which havew known criminal activities in our country just like the mafiaa did.

@Marine you want them to be restrained/restricted IN ADVANCE of a parg ocular crime...Me: ."Officer, Marine is thinking about hurting someone"....and you get arrested.
Do you not see the problem with that?

@AnneWimsey No any crime takes planning and that is a thought process and gangs have been stopped before that process has been executed

@Marine name one instance, unless "conspiracy to commit..." has been proven. You need to do some reading on our rights!

I wouldn't criticize you for wanting it stopped. define crime, please.

Drugs from MS13, Racist actions from MN white collar tax fraud and illegal stock trading from white collar wealthy people, Corporation activities like unreported oilspills, chemical releases into water and ground release of toxic gases into the air by Monsanto,Dupont. These are but a few that should be addressed by FBI and Treasurary agents

@Marine littering, speeding, curb crawling, jumping queues perhaps?

@Marine what about caffiene and alchohol? there drugs or a little weed perhaps. tobacco kills you and is lethal and heavily taxed. what about habitat loss wiping out millions of life forms?

Start With The CIA!

Coldo Level 8 July 4, 2018

Many of those gangs leaders are already in prison and running the show from the inside.

You would think as a result of the way that penitentiaries are run for profit now there would be more of a push to lock 'em up.

I recently asked that criminal gangs be attacked like the mafia gangs were in the 30's and was surprised to find so many people supporting gang groups stating that you just cannot arrest people because they are in a group. I never stated that. I speak of only criminal groups where the members take part in criminal activities. WN MS13 and other known groups still seem to operate with the FBI,Treasury,state and local police knowing about the activities of these gangs. They have been around and dealing far to long and should be a priority of law enforcement.

Well there's a lot of things that go into this. Taking down a couple dealers doesn't always solve the problem. Hell, even taking the local leaders off the streets usually only provides a temporary fix. You really want to deal with gangs? Cut into their profits by legalizing all drugs recreationally. Most people will pay a few more bucks to get drugs from a legal source instead of dealing with the possibility of jail.

What makes you think they aren't? Organized crime is never a simple thing to just stop.
Also, the mafia was never destroyed. At least not in the way you seem to be thinking. They simply lost their power when their source of income vanished (alcohol), when the prohibition ended. It's why one serious argument for stopping these gangs and cartels is to legalize or at the very least decriminalize the drugs they sell.

@Katrik Not with this administration. I agree with you on the drugs and the removal of profit to stem activity but there is a trillion dollars a year just in white collar crime that takes longer to catch and these crimes need more agents which are not being hired.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:122609
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.