Agnostic.com

9 20

Not feeling so lonely thanks to everyone here! Thank you!

Just want to thank you all for your wonderful responses to my post (link below). I feel like I'm in good company!
To quote Sting: "Seems I'm not alone at being alone"
Dealing with holiday loneliness

bleurowz 8 July 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Holiday loneliness does suck, over all we are good people to talk to on this site, don't be afraid to chat us up

That's lovely? Talk about any old nonsense. I am sure someone will have an opinion about it!

Glad to see you feeling more upbeat today. I too live alone, my husband died in 2010 after 37 years. It depends on your personality largely how you adjust to living alone but I do think it gets easier. I am fortunate to have always had a large group of female friends and even though most of them are lucky enough to still have their husbands I meet with them for lunch or coffee most weeks. Having in interest or hobby is also a great help, in my case I sing in a choir. You sound like a lovely lady with a lot to offer so get out there and enjoy life!

Loneliness is a mindset....time is a precious gift not to be squandered...even if surfing the web, or "just" listening to music, time is all you have
. I was married for 33 years to someone who was never actually "there"....i Greatly prefer the silence & peace of being alone, instead of wondering why I felt so hollow, and horrible, with that "fine man".

I had hoped your day went well.

This site is great 🙂 I'm happy you are here!

Happy we could help. Take care!

I know what you mean. This site really helps.

Aww I’m glad you don’t feel as lonely! This community by far and so far is pretty welcoming.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:122858
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.