Agnostic.com

17 5

Why are we not pro-active about the coming water shortage?

Marine 8 July 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Governments think they own RAIN.
[accuweather.com]

Hmm.. I see a lot of anti pollution movements still, nature saving movements, technologies to purify water... to suck water out of the air even... storm prompting technologies. That all seems pretty pro active to me. I'd say find one and get involved.

AmyLF Level 7 July 6, 2018

I have viewed these and only the one for purifying ocean water is logical for supporting a large population. The water from air would require a very large system and may work in the desert but again it would take many units to serve a population.The storm promting hasn't been effective. It is more practical and cost effective to store and move water that is already available.

@Marine I think all of them could be of some use if worked together. I think any one alone could be taking on too much of a strain to effective on it's own. I'm not saying they should all get equal time and space but it does seem making one a main priority with the others as support would be more prudent. I do also think green movements would be far more helpful. So would education at all levels about supporting nature to keep things cleaner and greener would be of great help. But it really has to be everyone. Good luck convincing the whole without education from the ground up.

People normally don't change until it's too late

Because I have water.

Lotsa water in Canada!

Planning on collecting a few thousand gallons of rain. I'm in one of the states where it is legal.

I live in California, so actually I thought we were.

Because Americans are reactive. If we were proactive, out TV news would be a LOT different.

The First Nations throughout United States are having demonstrations about protecting a water they did some pretty bad things to the First Nations is standing Rock a year or two ago lot of them were arrested under false pretenses water was sprayed in their faces and freezing temperatures rubber bullets were shot at them canisters for shot at them also one lady might have lost her eye another lady almost lost her arm you don't hear that on the news it wasn't that bad when I was there

If you lived in the west you would know it is here now

The water we loose to floods could be sent there instead of oil pipelines.

Probably because the water companies don't want to eat away at their profits. It costs to invest in water protection schemes.

I would say for the same reason we're not proactive about climate change - they haven't found a way to profit from fixing the problem.

because people don't think of it till its full on. Others say its your problem not theirs so don't care. Some expect the government to fix it and not cost them anything

Possibly for the same reason we're not pro-active about over population.

Probably for the same reasons we are not off fossil fuel. The powers that be have not figured a way to make money off it yet. The ARE trying though!

Why are we not proactive about the coming total climate melt-down fuck-up, which is going to be the biggest disaster humans have ever faced, and then some? We just prefer to hide our heads in the sand and hope it never happens.

Jnei Level 8 July 5, 2018

It is a known fact that we will be facing a water shortage in the coming future. I question why we are not building new reservoirs to catch winter flood waters for future use? This would seem to be a reasonable approach to securing future water needs. Speaking of winter floods why is the government allowing the same people to rebuild homes in areas that continue to wipe them out. This money used to rebuild these homes could be used to build the reservoirs.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:123283
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.