Agnostic.com

7 5

Love, Kindness and understanding is my religion. what does that make me? is there a label for that?

SusieQ420 4 Jan 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A beautiful person🙂

It makes you like our founding father, Thomas Paine: “Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.”

But seriously, the closest organized very long term system that has survived antiquity, many consider a philosophy, and many others a.
"religion" would probably be be buddhism.

Many could rightfully argue, buddhism in its truest sense is not a religion at all, but more a philosophy.

Also, more modernly -- "Dudeism", which is not all that dissimilar to "the church of the flying spaghetti monster", and many other systematised "beliefs" do indeed share the core ideals represented in your question title.

If you have to put a name on it, and you certainly don't have to, at the very least you are a "Humanist". Which is a fairly modern secular belief system.

And certainly it makes you a conscientious and wonderfully decent human being.

Ha ha, I am not very religious or "spiritual" at all, but I am a fully ordained "Dudeist Monk", and apparently, among many other things, it means I can officially marry people in the state of AZ and many other states. It is very similar to Buddhism, Epicureanism, and Stoicism. I'm sure I'll be able to tell you more about them sometime. 😉

Watch The Big Lebowski, read some Marcus Aurelius and some about the Buddha, and watch some Bill and Ted, and you'll have a good idea what Dudeism is all about, ha ha. 😉

Words of wisdom from Mickey Hart at the end of the Dead's Fare Thee Well concerts: "Please, be kind". I try to live that every day.

humanist 🙂

A wonderful person..

yeah...humanity...

A decent person?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12404
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.