Agnostic.com

1 0

QUESTION Facts in a Sea of Fiction: The Search for Reliable Health Science in the Internet Age | HuffPost

Many people are all too willing to accept sketchy science at face value, and are almost entirely unwilling to follow up with reliable research. The anti-vaccination movement is an appropriate example.
Vaccination Disorientation

There aren’t many medical theories that have been as soundly and thoroughly disproven as the proposed connection between vaccinations and autism. The amount of reliable research invalidating the connection is staggering, and Andrew Wakefield, the researcher whose work first set off the vaccination controversy, has since been discredited and stripped of his medical license. Additionally, neither he nor any other researchers have been able to reproduce the results from his initial study. As far as the scientific community is concerned, Wakefield intentionally falsified data for financial gain.

zblaze 7 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good article. I steer clear of sensational headlines and rely strongly on personal research. Years ago I was glad to see WebMD as a source of free information, but today I prefer to rely on science based evidence venues, like the New England Journal of Medicine. It comes at a cost and is not always a fun easy read, but it is science based. Thanks for sharing the article.

Nena Level 6 Jan 3, 2018

You're welcome and thanks for your response.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12521
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.