Agnostic.com

2 0

Sam Harris

Has Sam Harris lost his way a bit? Is he to harsh on Islam?

MarkTangney88 3 July 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sam Harris is pretty much right when he talks about "extremists". Mind you an extremist in this context is someone who follows the instructions in the holy book they claim to follow. So if your a muslim (or christian, jew and others) and you think that you book is true and you need to do what it says then you are dangerous. Many religions are a threat to the wellbeing of billions around the world. I don't think he is talking about the many who call themselves muslims but pick and choose what to believe based on western moral standards.

So in essence the only "good" religious people are the ones who choose morals separate from religion.

Quite a few famous atheists, especially Dawkins are using their atheism as a cover for their Islamaphobia.

I have lost a bit of time for alot of the new atheists but ironically enough Dawkins is the 1 i still like

It is not a phobia if the fear is rational. The Koran gives pretty clear instructions to kill people like me. I have friends who are muslims, they have chose to ignore those instructions. Doesn't mean that the religion itself is not dangerous. Christianity and Judaism have similar instructions. Recognizing that is not a evil act.

2 Chronicles 15:13 ESV - But that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:125470
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.