Agnostic.com

5 2

LINK The Constitution is Not Neutral

Where are we headed legally?

Krish55 8 July 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In trouble as they interpret the Constitution in their own view.No separation of church and state.

I do not believe we are anywhere near a violent revolution and, so long as the great majority of Americans are more concerned with the Kardashians' sex lives than the negative impact the governing class has on our lives and liberties, the only change will be in the wrong direction.

Lots of extreme language in there and not much to back it up. Remember, courts interpret laws. Laws can be changed.

I disagree. It's certainly not perfect. But I have not seen, nor have I been presented a better one.

How hard did you tried in your search? Oh don't tell me... has to be presented to you.

@GipsyOfNewSpain read a couple, alot are very similar to the one we have. I'm not going to study the subject though. But yes it would be nice for experts like your self to help out

@BBliberty Let's just say that the constitution should be reflected in their citizens... Do you consider americans the best citizens of the world? I sure seen countries having better lifestyle and citizens so... USA do not even make Top Ten. So... should we blame the constitution? No? What should be blamed for not measuring up when compared to other countries?

@GipsyOfNewSpain the constitution is amenable. The other stuff you talking about seems like a different conversation. Look I disagree. That's it. The article made some valid points, but the article had an agenda I'm just not in line with.

@BBliberty not a problem.

@BBliberty You feel that way because you were brought up with it. The same way that Islamic fundamentalists can't think of a better book than the Koran! Any constitution that has sanctioned slavery, rule by the minority (which enhances the power of the southern slave states), and produced a minority president like Trump is seriously defective. The process to amend the const. is so difficult that it is severely undemocratic.

I wish articles wouldn't throw the word fascism around so much. The United States hasn't reached that point yet.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:125567
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.