Agnostic.com

8 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One of my all-time favorite responses from Dawkins or anyone else. He absolutely kills it.

Loved it. To me there is no absolute morality either. All morality is subjective. Specifically, it is subject to science and reason

That was good! (6) (6) 🙂

I wish I was articulate, he is pretty damn good.

Ethics is more business like that apply to everyone.

Morality are too loose . Like in the Bible. Where you should kill your neighbor for mowing the lawn on Sunday. Or number one commandment No other Gods before me and so on.

Thanks for sharing! Finding a brief, powerful video that is easily shared with anyone is less common than I'd like. I'm glad you brought this one to our attention.

The morality from both sides is all about what serves us humans. My late partner asked her second graders "what is more important, people or dirt". Nothing can be more important than that which supports it. There is absolutely no morality in destroying the planet and species we depend on for life!!

The type of morality touted by the religious is the carrot and stick kind which actually says that human beings are all immoral entities and need fear and greed to do something that serves their tribe.

Need a love option, great absolutely great.

Yes a graded Like option

UnLike - Like - L❤ve

The problem I have with that is that Love is an emotion as is hate. Remember, hate kills and destroys and love cannot exist in a vacuum. The antidote to hate (and sometimes too much love) is reason.

My late partner had a motto which is on her urn. It said 😀iscipline first then love. She was one of the most loved people on this island and the most disciplined. She was an elementary teacher and practiced her motto with her students (coupled with absolute fairness). Parents begged to have their kids in her class and she was rated at the Master teacher level (the highest in our school system). She told me that if I ever "stepped out" on her no matter how hard it would be she would leave me. That's discipline!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12578
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.