Agnostic.com

15 4

Is romance necessary?

Is romance necessary or universal?

'Romance is not universal, or necessary. The idea that it is necessary is one that is deeply embedded among societal expectations and permissions about relationships (and sex), and it is imperative for us to understand that our experiences with romance are not universal and that all orientations are valid.'

[wearyourvoicemag.com]romance-not-universal-necessary

Maya405 7 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well I have never thought that much about them. Relationships are relationships . It is what it is. Romance is a different matter. I could sure use some Romance in my life.

Is a another way that you enjoy each other.

Romance is not the same to everyone.. what one would consider being romantic may be over bearing or not enough to someone else. It's the idea of romance that makes alluring and attractive. Each relationship has it's own set way and level of dealing with romance. Some thrive on it, others could care less. To each their own but they need to know what each other needs first.

I like your explanation. I believe it's in the type of person your drawn to. Romance may be needed for the heart, to feel a connection. It's not necessarily a prerequisite for sex. Some it may be, others it's hit it and forget it. Others it's a memory to cherish. It depends on the people not the culture.

Romance is the key to sex response. So it's very necessary and needed to bring more excitement before the actual roll to be played.

Sure as long as you can mutually redefine 'romance.'

I, for example, hate chocolate. But holding hands while watching birds does it for us. The extraordinary devotion can take many forms.

I used to think I was almost ANTI romantic.

However, in my last relationship, when I took a look back over the three years of our relationship, I realized how much it bothered me that my partner had never uttered one word of what I would call "verbal affection." Yes, I was verbally affectionate -- undoubtedly less when I realized I was on a one way street in that regard.

My consensus -- it is important in a "romantic relationship." At least for me. Like somebody else said, if people are friends with benefits, hooking up or whatever, then absolutely not.

It has always seemed to me that respect and communication are far more important in a relationship than romance but, affection for someone else should never be devalued and is a definite plus.
Most people really fall madly in lust not love seems to me that it is the reason for most divorces.

Yes!!! Romance and laughter🙂

I’m going to go with it depends on the person or persons.????

I don't know how it is for others. But I myself am an old school romantic. If I am in a relationship. I believe it is important to make your partner feel beautiful/handsome. I think it is the only way to really keep a happy healthy relationship going. If that person doesn't make you feel. Like you want to do corny things for them. Then maybe they aren't the person for you. Now in the other hand if we're just hanging out and having sex. Then no by all means do not be romantic with them. They knew what they where signing up for when y'all agreed to be fb.

I am going to watch from sidelines how this thread develops.

Romance is not for everyone, especially narcissists and automatons.
However, for those who seek to grow in their relationship, it's a wonderful thing to do and experience.

It depends on the person. I’m not big into romance it’s never been a huge deal for me. For my husband it’s the opposite he needs it. If it’s important to you then 100% it’s necessary.

Not necessary, but if it happens, good for you

Let me get double points on my own post.

Thank you, @Hellbent, ha, ha...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12591
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.