Agnostic.com

4 1

Carl Sagan: Designing the Universe

Arthur C. Clarke, stated, "I'm sure Carl would be happy to give god a little helpful advice on how the Universe ought to be designed".
How do you suppose Dr. Sagan would have designed the Universe?

sciteachmd 6 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He would probably have made it more difficult to weaponize nuclear fission. The prospect of atomic war horrified him.

He'd have sought out a way to mitigate time dilation and the power of radiation to cause mutations in living tissue so that it would be easier to build ships that could conceivably carry humans to the stars and back again within their lifetimes and allow them to report their findings to their peers and families.

And having seen and correctly modeled what happened millennia ago on Venus, I bet he would have laid the groundwork for a way to capture high-atmospheric carbon, and perhaps create useful and beautiful diamonds out of it.

Who knows -- maybe ways to achieve such things are out there and someone just has to think of them.

HUGE fan of Sagan, Hawking and their views of the universe! So much out there and Im certain we're not alone in the universe...

Me too! Sagan and Hawking are Huge!

Professor Sagan surely would not pretend an alleged deity could create anything from nothing nor create itself from nothing. ...matter and it's indwelling property ENERGY can neither be created nor destroyed. ...2nd law of thermodynamics observes heat dying in an expanding universe likely to fall in upon itself billions and billions of years from now gravity waves being better understood yet today

With no poverty, mental illness, cancer, diseases, and stupid people.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12625
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.