Agnostic.com

4 3

Any females ever experience Queen Bee syndrome at work?

Queen bee syndrome - was first defined by G.L. Staines, T.E. Jayaratne, and C. Tavris in 1973.[1] It describes a woman in a position of authority who views or treats subordinates more critically if they are female. This phenomenon has been documented by several studies.[2][3] In another study, scientists from the University of Toronto speculated that the queen bee syndrome may be the reason that women find it more stressful to work for women managers; no difference was found in stress levels for male workers.[4] An alternate, though closely related, definition describes a queen bee as one who has succeeded in her career, but refuses to help other women do the same.[5]

• 7 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 0 votes
LilAtheistLady 7 July 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

hell yes i was a nurse for 40 years. women are awful. they will hurt your career for fun. if you do something they go straightly to the boss to have you written up. A female manager is ghastly. One guy said once if you get into a tiff with a guy on a job site, you give him the finger and he says' what's that your IQ?" and it's over. Not women. you mix a bunch of estrogen together and it is hell

It's not surprising. Our culture teaches us to see women as being inferior and men as the default gender.

So true.

my current direct boss...every time she says something I have to pull out a research paper and sit her down to explain it's not the 1990's. She even went to her boss to complain. I stood right there and said I wouldn't have to do this if she'd quick screwing up so bad.

I had a queen bee boss @ MCI for 23 months and she was brutal to both women and Feminist Atheists like me and yes she coddled boys on the job failing to promote strong women and myself

sounds familiar

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:127787
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.