Agnostic.com

21 2

Is being self-sufficient only rewarded in “winning” people?

So throughout my life I’ve tried to become a stronger (emotionally) person. I want to become an independent, fully functional person. But sometimes I feel like going against the status quo is not going well. I see people who are attractive, witty, or just “winning” sorts of people, who get away with doing whatever they want. They can be assholes, and get complimented and loved by everyone around them. “They follow the beat of their own drum” they all say. Or women want them, despite being heartbroken by truly awful dickheads all the time, but when I want a casual dating, and want to be relatively picky about who I date, all of a sudden I’m a “fuck boy” or should just give up. I don’t know, this sort of double standard is fucked up in my opinion. What do you think?

Zachvanallen 3 July 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments (26 - 21)

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:127943
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.