Agnostic.com

4 2

How do you function in a society where people go to jail for leaving their dogs outside but people die on the streets and in their homes because they didn't take "personal responsibility". That is be born wealthy or never get sick. I'm constantly awed and infuriated with the hypocrisy of people,particularly the religious right. Sometimes it feels like the whole world's insane.

OpposingOpposum 9 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It has often been said that many people are homeless because they refuse to take 'personal responsibility' Another way of looking at it could be that they refused to 'play the game.'

the world is insane, well the human world. some people have more food in their hair products than others have in there stomach

I go slowly painfully insane while simultaneously being grateful that I have the awareness and empathy to be driven insane by what I'm seeing.

Lately I've been trying to develop the habit of reminding myself that 1) I'm a mental freak and very few people in the world think the way I do, and that's no one's fault; it just is what it is and 2) (theory I came across recently) perhaps many of the things that bother me about the human experience are mindless systems that have no intrinsic motivation or awareness in and of themselves, and are therefore not necessarily indicative of blights on human nature. Not sure how true this last is but it's a comforting thought and feels like it might help me hang on to my sanity a little longer.

Both should be taken care of and housed! Humanity is disappointing sometimes (a lot). I try to help the homeless whenever I can, because the churches around here turn them away if they've got Pitbulls, tattoos or piercings. Butt munchers! So rude.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12851
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.