Agnostic.com

6 6

It is far better to be an honest atheist than a hypocritical Christian. No one can ever guilt me for being human ever again...

Nogodnohate 5 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Truth is, I try to be an honest atheist, but I know, being human and flawed, I can be a hypocritical person. But not a hypocritical atheist. It gets me that religionists will tell you that their religion is the one true religion, and their religions exclude other beliefs, but there they are running after some new Guru, reading some cosmic consciousness book from their new age bookshop, and I say, "What about your one true religion?" Now that's hypocrisy. I'm an atheist. I don't say that and then tell you about some mystical nonsense I believe this week. I doubt any of you do that either.

One of the most difficult things for a theist is to be honest with one's self. Once they can admit that they question god in any way, it opens up a world of possibilities. This is spoken from personal experience as a former theist.

lies have to last for ever

True. And when you speak the truth... you don't have to remember what you said.

I agree completely.

Honesty is always best no matter who you are.

gearl Level 8 Jan 5, 2018

Exactly right!

Yes it is but to be fair, some Christians are honest

True but not with themselves if they believe in any god.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12861
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.