7 1

Are These The Actions Of A Hero?

[msn.com]

What Do You Think?

By twshield
Options Favorite Like

7 comments

In my opinion a hero is someone who takes a risk to help others.
He certainly fits that bill, though he might be an idiot for doing it. The risk may have been high. He protected the company, sure. But they can take the loss. It's possible he may have protected some unknown people who might have been the thieve's targets, if he had nefarious plans. But there's no real way of knowing. Heck, he might have stolen only to resell it for cash.

I suspect many retail stores have a policy forbidding endangering ones self as a way to protect the company. That may be why he was fired. If workers keep tackling thieves, someone is going to get hurt. Then they or their family sues to company because their policies allow for it.

So it's all because we live in such an idiotically litigious society.

MrLizard Level 8 July 12, 2018

Not a hero. It's a shame that he was fired. Corporate rarely allows for any single instance/human.

AmiSue Level 8 July 12, 2018

corporations don't allow for humans much at all. I guess CEOs aren't so why should anybody else be.

Fcours!

More reasons should be to become hero lol!!!
After saving stolen gun to get fired???
It’s way way out of balance statement initially

Morganfreeman Level 7 July 12, 2018

I don't count this as being a hero as much as somebody properly getting involved when they should have. No telling what the bad guy would have done with the weapon had he got away with it. I also tend to think the word "hero" is being thrown around way too much nowadays.

As far as the firing, it would depend upon if the "policies in place" referred to in the article. If they have one of non-intervention and he violated it, then he's subject to termination. It's an asinine rule in my opinion, but it's their store, not mine.

ronin73 Level 7 July 12, 2018

hero I don't know. but he probably save the guy's life... police don't take too kindly to people running around with a stolen weapon claiming they're going to shoot somebody.

hankster Level 8 July 12, 2018

not sure what to think

btroje Level 8 July 12, 2018
Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.comis the largest non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!