Agnostic.com

2 0

QUESTION Ancient Star Maps Around The World

For anyone interested in ancient Egyptians/ancient alien theory!

tokynsyn 4 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would love there to be evidence discovered that aliens had visited Earth in the past. It would be amazing on several levels. And I have followed the subject in great depth for more than 40 years. So far, it's all wishful thinking or just plain exploitive quackery. It would have been incredibly easy for star travelling aliens to give us info that was UNMISTAKEABLY of alien origin. Like a depiction of Saturn's rings. A map of the far side of the moon. A model of the solar system including Neptune, Uranus, and Pluto. Jupiter with four large moons. Mars with two tiny moons. Instead of this, ancient alien enthusiasts present us with stuff like the link, dubious stretched interpretations of stuff that archeologists have no trouble explaining without invoking aliens. It would be amazing, but so far, no evidence has been presented that is even remotely compelling.

@tokynsyn No, there's a theory it was used as a calculate to predict eclipses and such, but no aliens required.

Sorry, but I find the idea of ancient aliens as ridiculous as as the belief in talking snakes. Fanciful interpretations of ancient artists out of context is not a science and has provided no real evidence. Everywhere our advanced culture goes in leaves behind evidence of our technologies, advance alien cultures would have done the same, so where are these? Human likely witnessed cosmic events in the past these unexplained observations would have left impressions on the beliefs of the peoples observing them.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12921
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.