Agnostic.com

8 1

Is there meaning to your life?

Just to be clear I’m not asking what’s the meaning in your life but if there is meaning in your life.

Moss98 3 July 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think my life gives other people meaning. My parents and grandparents, general family members. But after that, I don't believe it does. We're all brought into this world by someone else's desires and will.

Family, dogs, being creative, trying to leave this shit hole of a world a bit better than when I found myself in it.

I have the meaning I choose for my life. It changes as time passes. For example, I am /was a computer programmer -- I'm retired now. I loved every day of work -- it was fun for me. After nearly 40 years, I eventually lost complete interest in it. Now my life is filled with things I find entertaining or meaningful. I read a lot.

xyz123 Level 7 July 13, 2018

No particular pre-ordained meaning, as I see it. So like the wildlife in my yard, I just move around, doin' what feels best, eating stuff to keep me nourished, and meet with other friendly beings, all the while trying not to be eaten, attacked, or run over !

Since 2006 as a volunteer, I have helping low income, first generation students write essays for college entry and scholarships. One of my best success stories is Brenda, who won $269,445 in scholarships in 2016.

Being a college mentor is the most meaningful volunteer work I have ever done.

I'm a rockstar! Last May, I won the first Scholarship Rockstar award from the Wenatchee High School College Mentor Program. In the photo, I'm 2nd from the left with other award winners.

With three young women I mentored, I hiked Icicle Gorge trail four miles in June 2018. From the left, Elisabeth and Tammy plan to become medical doctors. Teresa is studying to become an accountant.

These are remarkable young women. It was great to see them! We are planning another hike together, and will invite other girls.

Elisabeth just graduated from Gonzaga University, WA. She graduated without any loans. Renewable scholarships, financial aid and work-study jobs covered tuition, books and lodging for her bachelor degree.

While in college, Elisabeth volunteered as a mentor for elementary school students for three years. She is taking a year off before applying to medical school. In Oregon, Elisabeth will be a Jesuit volunteer, helping dying people in hospice, as well as their families.

"I love kids," Elisabeth said. She plans to became a pediatrician or family doctor.

I live to experience life. Breathing, eating, exploring, socialzing, ect... There is no inherent meaning, so I decided to enjoy living.

I find sufficient intrinsic meaning.

There is no extrinsic meaning.

Nope, I’m just this animal walking around trying to eat, shit, fuck, and sleep.

lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:129892
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.