Agnostic.com

3 1

Origin of god

The universe cannot be created by man, therefore it (the universe) is created by god.
Had it come to the consciousness that the “therefore” in the above syllogism is the creator (origin) of any god? Is it possible then that the “therefore” is more powerful than god himself?

Montaigne2018 3 July 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wishful thinking by gullible people harnessed for power and control by unethical people.

To answer what eventually became a question, no. "Therefore" is no more "the origin of god" than "cannot". None of this in any way way resembles so much as a coherent thought or serious metaphysical query.

The assumption here being that the world was created.....but was it? We don’t believe in the biblical notion that there was a creator who just decided to create this universe, including earth and all its life forms. We, through scientific study and advancement believe we are part of a long evolutionary process which started we know not exactly how, but we keep trying to find the answer. As there is no evidence that we were created by god the argument that because we are not man made we must therefore be created by god is a false argument. The “therefore” is an erroneous premise and therefore is nonsensical.

I knew very well that the “therefore” in the premise is erroneous being an enthymeme; my question is whether or not the “therefore” could be the origin of god.

Please note that “therefore” is not a premise but a term indicating a conclusion; jumping to a conclusion based on assumption (enthymemes) made me suspect that “therefore” is responsible for creating a god; without the “therefore” there might be no chance for any god to exist in the human imagination. “Justskip” pls feel free to show your lack of understanding in logic.

@Montaigne2018 No I don’t think so would have been a more concise answer to your question . By the way I think you are being arrogant in implying that I don’t understand logic. But to be perfectly clear once again...I do not believe there is any logic in your question that a “therefore “is responsible for creating a god. Life is too short to engage with you again.

@Marionville You have the right to imply. First, I’m not talking about biblical notion; second, I’m not talking of assumptions in the syllogistic premise as I have trouble with assumptions myself; third, I’m not talking of evolutionary process. What I have in mind is the power of “therefore” in the mind regardless of whether it is logical or not. Hope you understand now. Thank you.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:131086
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.