Agnostic.com

6 0

What's your favorite musical decade? I myself am an 80s girl, though there's a lot of music I love.

#80s
Neverjenny 4 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh, wow! that is the toughest question! How can one pick a decade without making the other decades feel discouraged? At first the kneejerk reaction for me is the 60s merely for the Beatles and the Who, but then that knocks out George Harrison's best work in the 70s along with Dylan's Blood on the Tracks and Joni Mitchell and Bonnie Raitt. I do love the 80s mostly because of the Talking Heads. Then again, the 50s gave the world Coltrane and Monk. Then there's the 1820s when Beethoven gave the world the Ninth Symphony. But then the 90s with A Tribe Called Quest, Digable Planets...2010s on with Kendrick! And, yes there are two more sentimental favorites in the 80s for me: Tears for Fears and Midnight Oil...and the whole freaking punk movement....So I've narrowed it down to anything between 1820 through 2018. Thanks for making my head explode.

This is pretty much how my answer would be. I can never pick one. I love The Rolling Stones, but so many other things as well. I have everything from Bach and Beethoven to Judas Priest and Prince on my iPhone.

I grew up in the 80's (born in 1971) but I mostly listen to modern music (2000 to current) although I do listen to music from most any decade depending on my mood. There's great music from every decade from the past 90 or so years.

I think we live in a great time in regards to music. We have very easy access to a near endless amount of music from all across the world. Sure there's a lot of garbage out there but there's quite a lot of really great music too. Singers and bands that would have remained in obscurity 30 years ago can be accessed by millions thanks to the internet.

Really hard to pick a decade. So many are so great for so many reasons. Shall I ignore the great jazz of the 20s and 30s? What of the R&B of the 50s, that would give birth to the Rock & Roll of the 60s? Shall I ignore those as well? Or perhaps I should ignore the birth of punk in the 70s and my own coming of age in 80s? Decisions decisions!

d_day Level 7 Jan 6, 2018

not sure 60's, 70's, 80's

1964-1974

90s but my favorite band is from this decade.
????Starset?????

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13151
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.