Agnostic.com

3 6

A great statement/response by Matt Dillahunty on "The Atheist Experience" on Faith...

I would appreciate any responses or reactions.
phxbillcee 10 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love it when he crushes someone's argument like that.
I like Jeff Dee too but he's not on the show anymore, I think he does a blog or something.

Yeah, hard to believe this god who is all knowing and powerful doesn't do more to communicate or fix things or created such an imperfect world where those he loves experience suffering. Pretty cruel god if you ask me. Why do people have to pray to god for something if he already knows someone needs help or has an unchangeable plan for their life?

Good video. He shut the caller down. Can't explain faith because there are no arguments to support it.

Thanks, BlueStar, Welcome!

I agree with everything Matt said, but he covered a lot of ground. Is there something in particular you would like feedback on?

Whatever resonances most with you. There is a bit there, but what stood out in your mind?

Dang, resonates!!!

@phxbillcee I guess what resonates with me most is the part about how faith isn't a pathway to truth because it's impossible to differentiate faith-based claims from different religions and determine that any one of them is more valid than the others. This is a topic that comes up with people I know with some frequency, and they insist that they have good reasons for their belief despite having no evidence. And, when pressed on the topic, they will try to offer evidence as reason but it is invariably a logical fallacy (e.g., Catholicism has spread far and wide, so it must be true). There's no good reason to accept any of these faith-based claims.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13194
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.