Agnostic.com

10 0

American Atheists National Convention - Easter Weekend - Anyone going?

I just saw that the American Atheists National Convention will be Easter Weekend, March 29 – April 1, 2018, in Oklahoma City. [atheists.org]

Anybody going to this?

For those who have been, what is it like? Is it worth going?

Please share any thoughts or insights. I'd love to see us have a meetup there.

BackToReality 6 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

WOW!
The hotels want to charge you $15.00 a day to park your car after soaking you for $124.00 with taxes to stay at their hotel!
I would like to attend that is just too much BS to pay extra for parking and overt conventioon fee to boot!!
Athistism is sure expensive to attend a Convention of other Atheist's!

I go to college in Texas, so if school allows it I will definitely be there! Have been dying to meet more people in the Athiest community 🙂

I posted the same question a couple days ago. I am going!!!

Definitely coming.

Well Obviously... You know who I am, right?

Hahaha, weird. I thought you were replying to my post. I basically said the same thing. Lmfao

I am going. I missed the last one. I am looking for other people who want to split a room or rooms to help with the cost. Friend of mine went to one and they split the cost of three rooms. It gave them a chance to get to know new people as they toggled from room to room. Also gave them a chance to help some who could not afford a room.
If anyone is interested in splitting a room or rooms let me know. Message me and I'll give you my number.
Thanks 🙂

Can't make it, church conflict.

????????????????????

I’m really going to try to go this year—it’ll be tough to get the time off. If I do go I think I might drive. I went to One in Minneapolis (in 2008 maybe), one in Des Moines in 2011, and the one at the Reason Rally in 2012. I also had VIP seating and it was amazing!!! I love the conventions because I can totally be myself and not worry about people going on the defensive! I really hope I manage to go and maybe I’ll meet you there!

Lilie Level 6 Jan 10, 2018

I'm going! I'm really excited. Can you tell I don't get out much? I forgot it was Easter and April Fools, lol.

No. I missed the one in New Jersey years ago. I hope it will take place -sometimes- in New York.

I plan to be there.

Admin Level 9 Jan 6, 2018

Yay, my first reply from Admin 🙂 I feel like a true member now. Kinda like how some music artists know they've really made it when Weird Al does their song 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13311
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.