Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Indian Supreme Court Orders Government to Restore the Taj Mahal — or Demolish It

Looks like some historical monuments are not worth keeping

After the government failed to file plans for restoring the monument, which is discolored by bug poo and pollution, the court has demanded action.

*The BBC reports this is not the first time the court has weighed in on the state of the Taj. In May, the court instructed the state of Uttar Pradesh, where the Unesco World Heritage Site is located, to seek out foreign experts to help stop the “worrying change in color” of the monument since it appeared state experts were unable or unwilling to save the monument. Since that order, however, the federal and state governments had not filed any sort of action plan or follow-up, prompting the court to accuse them of “lethargy” and to issue the hyperbolic mandate that they might as well demolish the site if they weren’t going to take care of it.

Lukian 8 July 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Have you actually SEEN the Taj Mahal? It's stunningly beautiful and the sad fact is that air pollution in Agra is obscene. If you love art, architecture, history....you SHOULD care about this building.

I care but I don't care about government apathy. It would be their loss as well as the world's loss

Looks like I'm not the only one who can't have nice things...

That was funny....

Not my country or legacy. Care little for whatever happens... after all... there are a lot of burial sites on earth.

Say "bye".

Bye.

@Lukian This is just going to get worse.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:133822
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.