Agnostic.com

2 4

LINK House Votes To Repeal Johnson Amendment, Making Churches Super PACs

Theocracy is around the corner
*Writing for The Humanist, Matthew Bulger explains two significant consequences of repealing the Johnson Amendment for our democratic system😘

1- Political donations to churches, which would eventually be given to candidates or causes, would be tax-deductible, unlike other forms of political giving. Contributions to super PACs and to candidates are not tax-deductible.

2-Donations to churches for political ends would be anonymous, unlike most other forms of political giving. This is especially concerning because while most 501☕(3) groups must file a Form 990 with their tax return, which provides some information about the group and its activities, churches are exempt from that reporting requirement. As a result, their political spending would be nearly impossible to track.
Bottom line: This new legislation passed by the GOP controlled House effectively repeals the Johnson Amendment and will potentially convert every church in America into a dark money super PAC, corrupting an already deeply corrupt campaign finance policy, and moving the country ever closer to a Christian theocracy.

Lukian 8 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hate what's happening in my country.

Do I even have to state how disgusted I am with these traitors.

you should stop following me... I'm probably not good for you.

@Lukian No, you apparently can peruse alot of sites and gather info to share. Yeah, it gets the old blood pressure cranked sometimes but all your posts are not about trump. and just think one day he will not be relavant and the trump pinata group will scatter.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:135512
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.